Axol Bioscience is looking for an individual who has the same passion for science as we have, as we develop new innovate products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery, toxicology and life sciences. This is a unique opportunity to manage, lead and mentor a team of junior scientists and technicians in the expanding scientific operations team, as well as developing as an individual and contribute to Axol’s continued success.
Axol Bioscience Ltd, based in Cambridge, are high quality human cell culture specialists, providing primary cells and ISPc derived cells with a wide range of functionality, physiology, and disease relevant backgrounds, together with optimised media and growth supplements. Our products are used to further develop new therapeutic candidate molecules in early stage pharma and to better understand the underlying mechanisms of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Huntingdon’s.
Our products & services include IPS cells, cell differentiation & reprogramming, cell culture reagents, MEA testing and gene editing
We have a passion for great science, delivering on time support and innovating future products to help our customers advance their research.
Reporting to the Operations Director - the Senior Scientist/Team Leader’s main responsibilities are:
- Day to day managing & leading the scientific production & service teams
- Mentoring staff and aiding development of a culture that includes honesty, transparency, openness, and teamwork
- Planning & manufacturing products in line with sales forecasts to maximise labour utilisation maintaining Quality System standards within department
- Ensuring Service Projects are undertaken and completed to meet milestone targets
- Maintaining & improving Quality and the Continuous Improvement Culture
- Ensuring technical transfer for products from R & D is aligned with Design Control procedures
Applicants should have attained:
PhD or MSc in Cell Biology, Molecular Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or a related scientific discipline
Senior Scientist/ Team Leader experience
5years+ experience in a commercial laboratory environment in culturing primary cells, and or cell lines, maintaining/ differentiating human cells, ideally ISPc’s
Working knowledge of PCR, MEA and gene editing
Understanding of Quality Systems eg ISO 13485
We offer competitive salary and benefits
Further details can be found on the job description which can be requested.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter outlining suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th Dec 2020
Axol Bioscience is an equal opportunities employer.
Axol have a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.