Source of cells and tissues
Finding the right cells for your experiments can be difficult, especially when studying rare diseases or when specific donor inclusion/exclusion criteria are required.
So, let us find the cells and tissues for you.
By listening carefully to your needs, we can source biological specimens, such as blood and tissues, for a wide range of clinical indications, including autoimmune, neurological, pulmonary, cardiovascular, skin, kidney and bladder disorders as well as liver cirrhosis.
We also specialize in sourcing primary cancer tissue for a broad range of cancers. Many of the primary cancer tissue samples are collected prior to treatment, so the tissue is treatment-naïve. This reduces potential unexpected variables when studying the effects of anti-cancer compounds on primary cancer cells.
All our biospecimens are:
- ✓ Anonymized
- ✓ Obtained with fully informed consent from the donor or the donor‘s next-of-kin, with ethics committee or IRB approval
- ✓ Screened for human pathogens such as HIV and hepatitis viruses
- ✓ Provided as tissue samples either freshly frozen or formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded
What we can do for you
Our custom cell and tissue sourcing services cover all the potential needs:
- ✓ Provide physiologically relevant cellular models that better reflect the biology of the tissue or disease you are studying
- ✓ Source specific donor cells and tissues (from more than 40 tissue types) from healthy donors and patients across a wide variety of disease indications
- ✓ Source specific donor cells and tissues from patients across more than 100 disease types
- ✓ Provide cells and tissues that meet all the data protection and ethical standards required in the UK
Why not check out the list of cells and tissues currently available and tell us your requirements by filling in the form below?
Let us know
Do you have any questions about our custom cell and tissue sourcing?
Our dedicated Services team can help you. Our cell and tissue services can be tailored to meet your experimental requirements, helping you to save time and resources.
Your opinion matters
"I've been able to grow all the cells that Axol generated for me from my patient lines. All the cells provided grew well and I'm very happy with the service as well as the quality of the cells."Dr David Millar, Human Molecular Genetics, Cardiff University
"Axol has provided us with more than a fast and reliable supply of functional cortical human iPSC derived neurons. It has also given us access to the collective expertise of Axol, whom we now view as much a collaborator as a company."Dr Eric Hill, Clinical and Systems Neuroscience, Aston University
"Axol Bioscience has been a valued and important supplier to our lab’s research since the company was founded. The cells supplied to us by Axol represent exceptional value for money, but, most importantly, save us a great deal of valuable research time. Throughout our dealings with the company, service and support have always been excellent."Dr Paul Charlesworth, Physiology, University of Cambridge