We have put together our hiPSC-Sensory Neuron Progenitors with our new optimized media including the MATURATION MAXIMIZER supplement with the required growth factors in one kit with an easy-to-follow protocol to help you generate the best sensory neuron culture for your research.
This all in one starter kit contains:
- ax0055 - Human iPSC-Derived Sensory Neuron Progenitors
- ax0033 - Neural Plating medium - the media is not Xeno-Free
- ax0060 - Sensory Neuron Maintenance Medium
- ax0058 - Sensory MATURATION MAXIMIZER supplement
- ax139855 - Recombinant Human Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF)
- ax139800 - Recombinant Human Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF)
- ax139789 - Recombinant Human Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)
- ax139811 - Recombinant Human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3)
- ax0053 - SureBond-XF Coating Substrate
MATURATION MAXIMIZER is a fully defined medium supplement for enhancing the existing Sensory Neuron Maintenance Medium (ax0060). It works by mimicking in vivo signals between sensory neurons and their supporting cells. The supplement contains signaling factors present in the peripheral nervous system and in particular the native environment of sensory neurons. Utilizing this supplement accelerates the maturation of iPSC-derived sensory neurons in vitro.
iPSC-derived sensory neurons treated with the Maximizer express key markers, such as TRPv1, TRPa1, TRPv2, TRPv3 and TRPm8. Kinetic states of e.g. TRPv1 are in a fast response inward rectifying state, to agonists such as Capsaicin. Neuronal responses to capsaicin occur at 1μM for 90% of the sensory neuron population.
The MATURATION MAXIMIZER supplement makes the Human iPSC-derived sensory neuronal culture a more physiological relevant model.
Functional Characterization using MEA analysis
The MATURATION MAXIMIZER supplement significantly reduces the time to maturation and gives a more physiological relevant model with neuronal response to capsaicin and menthol after only 22 and 27 days, respectively.