Is Axol Bioscience right for you?
In our labs we reprogram human cells to iPSCs and produce iPSC-derived cells and critical reagents such as media and growth supplements. Our range of primary cells is growing and we strive to provide useful and relevant experimental data to our customers. We have a passion for doing great science, delivering fanatical support and innovating future products to help our customers advance faster in their research.
We are always on the lookout for passionate individuals who are ready for their next challenge in a fast-paced team with varied responsibilities and significant opportunities for growth. If your background is in stem-cell / cell biology research and you love helping people troubleshoot you might be well suited for a technical specialist role; if you can instantly build rapport, develop relationships and close deals then Axol could be the next step up in your sales career.
We offer competitive salary and benefits
Current job opportunities are listed below, however, we do accept speculative applications. Typical roles at Axol include lab R&D professionals (human cell culture and molecular biology), product specialists, marketing, sales business development, finance, and logistics.
Senior Scientist/Team Leader
Location: Cambridge, UK
We are looking for an individual who has the same passion for science as we have, as we develop new innovate products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery, toxicology and life sciences. This is a unique opportunity to manage, lead and mentor a team of junior scientists and technicians in the expanding scientific operations team, as well as developing as an individual and contribute to Axol’s continued success.
- Day to day managing and leading the scientific production and service teams
- Mentoring staff and aiding development of a culture that includes honesty, transparency, openness, and teamwork
- Planning and manufacturing products in line with sales forecasts to maximise labour utilisation maintaining Quality System standards within department
- Ensuring Service Projects are undertaken and completed to meet milestone targets
- Maintaining and improving quality and the Continuous Improvement Culture
- Ensuring technical transfer for products from R&D is aligned with Design Control procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- PhD or MSc in Cell Biology, Molecular Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or a related scientific discipline
- Experience as a Senior Scientist or Team Leader
- 5 years+ experience in a commercial laboratory environment in culturing primary cells and/or cell lines and maintaining/differentiating human cells, ideally iPSC's
- Working knowledge of PCR, MEA and gene editing
- Understanding of Quality Systems (e.g. ISO 13485)
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, Thank you. Closing date for applications is Friday 11th Dec 2020.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Axol Bioscience is looking for an individual who has the same passion for science as we have, as we develop new innovative products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery, toxicology, and life sciences. This is an excellent opportunity for a stem cell scientist to manage reprogramming service projects. This will involve iPSC reprogramming from primary cells, mostly fibroblasts and PBMCs using episomal, Sendai virus and RNA-based techniques. You will be responsible for planning, organising, executing, and delivering projects within department alongside the Project and Account Managers. We are looking for good troubleshooting skills and the initiative to propose new procedures. There is also a chance to develop as an individual and contribute to Axol’s continued success.
- Performing iPSC reprogramming and differentiation
- Working in Mammalian cell culture, with a focus on human cells
- Being competent and comfortable working in CAT II biosafety level with aseptic techniques
- Compiling reports and presenting the findings to clients
- Supporting maintenance of Quality System within the department
- Assistance in training new members of staff
Required Skills and Experience
- A PhD ideally or MSc in Cell Biology, focused on stem cells
- 2-3 years of work experience in Cell Biology
- Experience with Mammalian Cell and Tissue Culture:
- iPSC reprogramming from primary cells
- HiPSC characterisation
- HiPSC differentiation
- Experience in Cellular Biology would be desireable, including knowledge of:
- Wide-field and confocal microscopy
- Be competent in handling multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Team focussed with a collaborative approach
- IT literacy
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Understanding of Quality Systems (e.g. ISO 9001)
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you. Closing date for applications is Friday 18th December 2020.
Technical Account Manager
Location: Based in San Diego or San Francisco, California, United States
We are looking for a Full-time Technical Account Manager based in California to drive the uptake of Axol products and services in California and the western United States. This is a hands-on role in a dynamic fast growing environment in the bioscience sector, supporting customers both during the purchase decision and after the purchase of Axol products and services. This is a unique opportunity to join our vibrant team, develop your own personal skill set and contribute to our continued success.
- Arranging customer visits and teleconferences in the area
- Present the Axol portfolio to prospective new and existing customers
- Respond to customer technical questions and liaise with Axol technical team to respond to questions in a timely manner
- Look for new opportunities where Axol technology may be implemented
- Create new opportunities for business in the company CRM software
- Analyse sales statistics in order to trigger adequate solution if targets are not met
- BSc or above in biology related subject or equivalent Qualification
- Be located in California
- Be a US citizen or have visa which allows to work freely within the US
Desirable Skills and Experience
- PhD in neuroscience, cell biology or related field
- Experience working with iPS derived cells
- Experience with account management or business development
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, Thank you.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you.
Before sending any CVs to Axol you must have terms and conditions and fees agreed to by the HR department. Please email email@example.com. No phone calls, thank you.
Please also note that any unsolicited CVs submitted to us automatically become the property of Axol Bioscience Ltd. Axol reserves the right not to work with agencies that do not follow the above guideline.