Is Axol Bioscience right for you?
In our labs we reprogram human cells to iPSCs and produce iPSC-derived cells and critical reagents such as media and growth supplements. Our range of primary cells is growing and we strive to provide useful and relevant experimental data to our customers. We have a passion for doing great science, delivering fanatical support and innovating future products to help our customers advance faster in their research.
We are always on the lookout for passionate individuals who are ready for their next challenge in a fast-paced team with varied responsibilities and significant opportunities for growth. If your background is in stem-cell / cell biology research and you love helping people troubleshoot you might be well suited for a technical specialist role; if you can instantly build rapport, develop relationships and close deals then Axol could be the next step up in your sales career.
Current job opportunities are listed below, however, we do accept speculative applications. Typical roles at Axol include lab R&D professionals (human cell culture and molecular biology), product specialists, marketing, sales business development, finance, and logistics.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Competitive + company benefits
Axol is a Biotechnology company based in Cambridge, UK. We specialise in providing human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cells, primary cells and cell culture reagents for biomedical research. This involves production of high quality cells and reagents for our customers, performing research and development towards new products and carrying out bespoke contract research.
We are now seeking a top calibre candidate for our growing Lab Team. You will be a highly motivated individual keen to start/progress a career in a fast paced laboratory environment.
- BSc in a biological science or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of cell biology or neuroscience and practical experience of cell culture
- Knowledge of cell based assays and immunocytochemistry
- Ability to correctly interpret scientific data
- Excellent organisational and planning skills in and ability to manage competing priorities in a busy environment
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of the team
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Computer-literate: Microsoft Office programmes including Word and Excel
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To work in our well-equipped modern lab facilities, culturing cells for our customers and performing immunocytochemistry and PCR
- Assist with our research and development to generate new methodologies and products
- Contribute to process improvements and trouble shooting in order to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Comply with our Standard Operating Procedures and all local health and safety rules
- Accurately record experimental procedures in laboratory notebook. Assist with preparation of reports for clients
- Support the team by assisting with general laboratory maintenance including maintaining stock levels, aliquots, preparing cell culture medium and other tasks as required
- Participate in weekend work on a rota basis
Axol offers a creative and supportive work environment - our culture is fun, flexible, dynamic and hardworking led by innovation and creativity!
The position is available now, and only candidates eligible to work within the UK will be considered for this role. We offer competitive basic salaries. Relocation packages are not being offered. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Salary: Competitive + company benefits
Axol is recruiting for an Operations Coordinator for its new facility in Massachusetts. Join a successful Biotech during an exciting phase of growth and make your mark on the shape of our future operations.
We are the Human Cell specialist, supplying high quality Primary and IPS derived cells as well as other tools and reagents to researchers globally. Our technology is cutting edge and our passion for awesome customer service and great science makes it an exciting team to be a part of!
About The Role
You will be part of the operations team, helping to serve our customers in the US. Your main duties will be focused on the logistics for our sensitive, temperature controlled stock as it is received into the site and shipped onwards to customers. The role will be extremely varied and you will learn a lot about how the business operates. Every day will be different and you will be involved in lots of ad-hoc tasks, contributing to different departments around the business. There is a huge opportunity for personal progression as the company grows.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Logistics & Shipping
- Ensure all inbound and outbound shipments are processed on time & accurately
- Develop relationships with couriers to identify the best domestic & international services
- Oversee annual cycle count of saleable inventory
- Work closely with other offices to provide the best possible service to Axol’s customers
- Ensure proper temperature controlled stock management
- Compile, analyse and circulate KPIs to global management team
- Ensure safe working practices & environment
- Source & sustain consumables & provisions such as dry ice, PPE and of course coffee!!!
- Apply company risk mitigation strategy through backup systems & recovery plan for critical stock
- Follow company 5S & continuous improvement ethos
- Feed into and help plan site strategy for future needs
- Assist with US supplier communication, query resolution & ordering on an ad-hoc basis
- Organise double blind shipments between US sites
- Assist with US customer support on an ad-hoc basis
Skills & attributes
- Proactive & self sufficient
- Able to problem solve and think creatively
- Communicate confidently
- Good with prioritising and time management
- Flexibility to adapt based on the day to day business needs
- Great team player with a One Team ethos
Axol is a growing company with big ambitions, if you would like to be considered for this role then please compose a one-page covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit and forward with your CV and current salary to email@example.com.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you.
Before sending any CVs to Axol you must have terms and conditions and fees agreed to by the HR department. Please email email@example.com. No phone calls, thank you.
Please also note that any unsolicited CVs submitted to us automatically become the property of Axol Bioscience Ltd. Axol reserves the right not to work with agencies that do not follow the above guideline.