Is Axol Bioscience right for you?
In our labs we reprogram human cells to iPSCs and produce iPSC-derived cells and critical reagents such as media and growth supplements. Our range of primary cells is growing and we strive to provide useful and relevant experimental data to our customers. We have a passion for doing great science, delivering fanatical support and innovating future products to help our customers advance faster in their research.
We are always on the lookout for passionate individuals who are ready for their next challenge in a fast-paced team with varied responsibilities and significant opportunities for growth. If your background is in stem-cell / cell biology research and you love helping people troubleshoot you might be well suited for a technical specialist role; if you can instantly build rapport, develop relationships and close deals then Axol could be the next step up in your sales career.
Current job opportunities are listed below, however, we do accept speculative applications. Typical roles at Axol include lab R&D professionals (human cell culture and molecular biology), product specialists, marketing, sales business development, finance, and logistics.
Location: Cambridge, UK
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant based in our UK office to support operations in the UK and the USA. This is a hands-on role in a dynamic fast growing environment in the bioscience sector, providing products and services to blue chip clients across the world. This is a unique opportunity to join our highly skilled senior management team and contribute to our continued success.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, cashflows, rolling forecasts and reports
- Assisting the senior Finance team with ongoing strategy and business development
- Supporting the project leads and managers with detailed financial support and analysis
- Preparing annual budgets and year-end accounts
- Managing and developing the finance team
- Continued development of processes and systems in line with fit for purpose best practice
- Completing VAT and other external body returns
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience
- CIMA or equivalent Qualification
- Highly numerate and strong analysis skills with attention to detail
- A strategic, solution-based thinker with an ability to think laterally
- Strong systems experience and advanced Excel user
- At least five years hands on senior accounting experience
- Proven team management experience
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Project and Manufacturing experience would be advantageous
- As a small and tight knit team, we recognise the need for all staff to work in a multi-disciplinary manner to encourage personal development and build team sprit to enable us to achieve our objectives
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, Thank you.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, thank you.
Before sending any CVs to Axol you must have terms and conditions and fees agreed to by the HR department. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you.
Please also note that any unsolicited CVs submitted to us automatically become the property of Axol Bioscience Ltd. Axol reserves the right not to work with agencies that do not follow the above guideline.