Is Axol Bioscience right for you?
In our labs we reprogram human cells to iPSCs and produce iPSC-derived cells and critical reagents such as media and growth supplements. Our range of primary cells is growing and we strive to provide useful and relevant experimental data to our customers. We have a passion for doing great science, delivering fanatical support and innovating future products to help our customers advance faster in their research.
We are always on the lookout for passionate individuals who are ready for their next challenge in a fast-paced team with varied responsibilities and significant opportunities for growth. If your background is in stem-cell / cell biology research and you love helping people troubleshoot you might be well suited for a technical specialist role; if you can instantly build rapport, develop relationships and close deals then Axol could be the next step up in your sales career.
Current job opportunities are listed below, however, we do accept speculative applications. Typical roles at Axol include lab R&D professionals (human cell culture and molecular biology), product specialists, marketing, sales business development, finance, and logistics.
Digital Operations Assistant - Application Programming
Axol Bioscience is a Biotechnology company based in Cambridge, UK. Our vision is to become the primary source of cell types for the life science industry. We are growing fast and as part of our expansion plans we wish to recruit an experienced Python programmer to join our development team.
The Digital Operations Coordinator.
Axol Bioscience HQ on Chesterford Research Park near Cambridge, UK.
Develop the bespoke software that will underlie the company’s commercial activities and support the ongoing IT operations of the company.
- Collecting and expanding the specifications for development projects through internal and external conversations.
- Implementing and testing bespoke software in accordance with the collected specifications.
- Inducting and training staff on our systems and providing internal software and hardware support as needed.
- Other cross-functional tasks as dictated by the situation, principally in collaboration with the Digital Operations Coordinator.
This list is not exclusive as other duties may be assigned.
- Experience and a high degree of competency programming in Python.
- Experience working with DBMSs and SQL to develop database-oriented applications.
- Working knowledge of software development best practices.
- Working knowledge of database design principles.
- Familiarity with a variety of computer hardware and software support tasks.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- (Desirable) Experience working with or developing for the Odoo ERP system.
Candidates should be well-organized, self-motivated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent communication skills.
We can offer a creative and supportive work environment. The position is available now, and only candidates eligible to work within the UK will be considered for this role. Relocation packages are not being offered. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, thank you.
Before sending any CVs to Axol you must have terms and conditions and fees agreed to by the HR department. Please email email@example.com. No phone calls, thank you.
Please also note that any unsolicited CVs submitted to us automatically become the property of Axol Bioscience Ltd. Axol reserves the right not to work with agencies that do not follow the above guideline.